cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUX 11.3.1 - IDE refuses to recognize user dictionary

Jump to solution
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Have used MCUX extensively over the last several years.  Just got a new laptop, and installed MCUX 11.3.1.  Created a new SDK, dropped it in MCUX, imported a couple of existing projects, built and linked them with no issues, great.

Went through the usual spots in my Eclipse preferences to set code style, code templates, naming conventions, hotkeys, editor margin, etc.  Also set my custom user directory.  Opened one of my source files, and it's flagged with many typos... except 95% of them already appear in my dictionary.

mcux_spelling_suggestion.png

OK, I'll play along.  So I click "Add 'mutex' to dictionary".  And I get this:

mcux_missing_user_dictionary.png

Uhhh... I know I configured it already.  So I click Yes...

mcux_spelling_settings.png

And there it is, my dictionary is already configured.  Closing the project, restarting MCUX, reopening the project, and reopening the source file doesn't do anything.  I can lather, rinse, repeat on hovering over a "misspelled" word, clicking "Add to dictionary", then clicking Yes to "configure it now" as many times as I like.

I've never seen the spelling feature broken before in MCUX.  Any idea what's going wrong?

David R.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Thank you, that was the precise issue, selecting "C/C++ Spelling Engine".  Why in the heck getting pulled into that dialog doesn't automatically pick that option from the pulldown box is beyond me.  Longstanding bug indeed.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Well, that's why I write up things in a blog: just that I can google for the answers for long standing bugs :-).

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V