cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU-LINK not working

nickwallis
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to use an MCU-LINK on a new PC (Windows 10 laptop) unfortunately without much success!

I installed mcuxpresso, and when I plug the MCU-LINK into a USB port it makes the usual noise like it is enumerating, but mcuxpresso cannot see the probe and in Windows device manager, there is a yellow warning triangle next to the "USB composite device" that appears with a message in device status that says "This device cannot start (Code 10). Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API"

I also tried manually downloading the MCU-LINK driver installer for Windows 10 from the NXP website, but still no success.

Any pointers please? This is a relatively new laptop which I would not expect to be short on resources for this.

Many thanks

-Nick

0 Kudos
4 Replies

nickwallis
Senior Contributor I

thanks @EdwinHz 

Yes, we downloaded the drivers from that location.

We are not using a USB hub, this is a direct connection.

Will try a different USB cable, but this seems unlikely.

Any other suggestions please? Thanks!

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I can think of two other alternatives:

One is making sure your Antivirus is not detecting the MCU-LINK as a threat, and disabling it for good measure.

The second is trying with a different computer. If the problem persists with a different machine, then we have reasons to believe that the problem could be MCU-LINK related. Otherwise, I believe the problem is most likely related to the OS or the cable.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nickwallis,

The drivers that you installed manually were from the “MCU-Link installer for Windows 10” software found at the bottom of the MCU-Link Debug Probe website? If not, I would recommend reinstalling the drivers using this installer.

Check the connection to your MCU-LINK. If it’s connected to a USB hub try connecting it directly to the machine. Also try using a different USB cable.

Regards,

Edwin.

0 Kudos

sajithdevidas
Contributor III

hi, im also using mcu-link, its working fine, when its connected directly to the laptop port, but when im using a usb hub, and connecting the mcu -link through that usb hub, the debbugging is not working, its throws an error, how can i overcome this?, im only having one port in my laptop, so its neccessary to use via an hub

0 Kudos