it can't find any attached probe

USB driver shows up fine

trying reinstalling MUCXpresso

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So when you plug your board into your computer, how does it appear in "Devices and Printers" - assuming that you are running Windows? Can you confirm your exact OS?

Can you also confirm whether the IDE is softloading debug probe firmware into the board, or if your board has pre-programmed firmware in its debug probe? If the DFULink is fitted on the board, then the IDE should softload the firmware.

I would actually suggest that you try booting the probe (i.e. soft loading the firmware) manually. How to do this is described in the supplied MCUXpresso IDE User Guide v10.0.0 - section 14.8.4, " Manually booting LPC-Link2".

Run through this and tell us what you see at each stage. Also run through the troubleshooting section in 14.8.7, and see if the suggestions help too.

One thing in particular to watch with the LPCXpresso54608 board is that the LCD on the back does mean that the power requirements are relatively high, and its possible that powering through just the debug USB port will not provide sufficient power. So also connect a USB cable to the USB power port on the board as well.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Frank,

1) Please delete the .metadata folder under workspace, then re-open the MCUXpresso IDE to have a try.

2) If still can't  , please check the Device Manager of PC, whether the diver successfully installed :

pastedImage_1.png

3) Please refer to the "MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf", the part of "9. Debugging a Project"

to debug your project . I attached it for you.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos