LPCXpresso Max board LPC845, debug firmware update fail or other,..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso Max board LPC845, debug firmware update fail or other,..

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi friend,

I will appreciate if someone can give me some help to understand what is happen and to fix it (if it's possible),...

- Completely new OM13097 board (LPC845MAX), Rev.A (as appear in board)

- UBUNTU 16.04.04 (fresh default install) with MCUXpresso IDE v10.1.1 [Build 606] [2018-01-02] (fresh default install).
a- Following instructions of OM13097 User's Manual, board connected by USB, detected without problem, unconnected and install JP3 to update debug probe firmware (JP1 not supplied so it's open), erase 'firmware.bin', and download new one (Rev 1.05, from 2018-02-15), power OFF, remove JP3, power ON,...

b- First inconsistence,... when ON board and after several seconds I don't see any red LED blink (as appear in the support video),... I follow instructions considering sw changes or other as don't care,...

c- Retake OM13097 User's Manual,... start MCUXpresso IDE and import project from 'LPC845_Example_Code_Bundle_MCUXpresso_r1.00.zip'. Open 'Multi_Timer_Blinky'.

d- Second inconsistence, when click 'Build  Multi_Timer_Blinky' it appear 6 error in process ?? (cannot find lperipherals_lib ,Multi_Timer_Blinky, C/C++ Problem; fail in the instructions for object 'Multi_Timer_Blinky.axf', makefile,, Multi_Timer_Blinky/flash, line 30, C/C++ Problem,... and four more)
e- Third inconsistence, when click 'Debug Multi_Timer_Blinky' any debug probe is located ??

Many thanks for your help

Luis

2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis,

Please follow the steps metioned in the Getting Started page of the board, make sure you uupdate the debug probe firmware and drivers:

LPCXpresso845-MAX Board for LPC84x MCU family|NXP

Also, have you tried using the board on a different machine? This is to discard any problem with the board and make sure it is working corectly.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hello Carlos, many thanks your help. Really your suggestion has been my

I fix the problem by myself,... complex issue related to the OS, my computer hardware and drivers and, probabily, the IDE and its maturity level, and may be also the LPC845 board (thanks here to DigiKey that replace it and help me to retake the way)... finally I have running the new LPC845 board, detected by my OS as probe pod,  and now I can build the examples, download to MCU and run.

Sumarizing the issue:

My computer is based in a Gigabyte GA-970A mobo. Seem this mobo use a VIA USB hub chip with compatibilty problems and not well supported in UBUNTU. Result, the LPC845 board was not well detect (independent of jumper position always detected the board as an storage and never as probe), and this was very confusing due not a detection' fault.

Also the MCUXpresso itself has issues in Ubuntu, related to the build process, seem by an strange detection of headers and upper lower cases in its cross referencing process generate the errors ( the 6 error I always experienced was fixed change to upper -or lower- case to the oposite in one of principal heder -not sure I remember was "lpc4xx.h" or similar). It was try to tune it by using the IDE directive to adapt OS's dependant characters but not results.

Finally I changed all system to Windows 7, reinstall all software and change the LPC845 board. Suddenly 'voila' all working. It has been a very frustrating experience for me. I hope much more for this Linux' IDE,... but another time the reality imposes.
Note I'm a really fan of Linux and I like it but for now this tool is not mature for it (also there are issues in the OS' support, probabily by vendor lack of colaboration), it need more time. Unfortunatelly this has been the end of this history,... by the moment.

Any way. My principal target was the LPC board and the IDE to evaluate,... and I have it working.

Thanks again.

Best Regards

Luis#