cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69 somehow stuck

markomarusic25
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I have LPC55S69 devkit and I tried do debug Hello world project but didn't succeed. When I reset the board with opened terminal, it writes 'hello world' but I cannot debug it. The errors I get in console are:

"Warning - processor did not halt - gave up waiting", and

"chip initialization failed - Ep(08). Cannot access core regs when target running."

Interesting thing is that, if I select "Attach to running project..." in debug options for link server debugger, it works. Whatever I send to it from terminal, it writes it back like it is supposed to.

My idea is that the proccessor is running and I don't know how to stop it, does enyone have any Idea how to fix this?

4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Would you please check whether the suggestions from LPCXpresso55s69 chip intitialization failed - Ep(08)  help in your case?

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

markomarusic25
Contributor II

Thank you, this helped. The point was to change reset type in Run>Debug Configurations>LinkServer Debugger from SYSRESETREQ to VECTRESET.

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This type of problem happened to me on different platforms and also with different type of debuggers.

There is a kind of poor-man's-solution, which is easy to implement and is working normally for all platforms:

Add a simple delay loop of 1 second directly after startup, so before any board setup takes place and before any PLLs are switched on. In this 1s period the debugger can attach, silently to the running delay loop or with a reset and then running to main().

It stretches the debugger starting time by 1-2 seconds, but I was happy with this workaround.

Regards,

Bernhard

markomarusic25
Contributor II

Thank you for your response. I was able to fix this using suggestions from LPCXpresso55s69 chip intitialization failed - Ep(08) . The point was to change reset type in Run>Debug Configurations>LinkServer Debugger from SYSRESETREQ to VECTRESET.

0 Kudos