cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54608 UM11035 Dev Board J-Link Debugging

Jump to solution
guitardenver
Contributor IV

I have the UM11035 Dev board with the LPC54608 MCU. I used LPCScrypt to put the J-Link debugging firmware on the on board debugger. I am able to use JFlashLite.exe to download binaries. But I can't seem to be able to start a debug session through MCUExpresso with the J-Link.

I set up GDB Segger Interface Debugging configuration for USB with SWD to use the generated .axf file.

I get an error: "Error in final launch sequence Cannot get Jtag device". The debug configuration is set up to do SWD.

Question:

1) Can this be done?

2) Does the J-Link firmware support semi-hosting?

3) Can I use the dev board with J-Link for the SEGGER SystemView?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It sounds like you are trying to manually set up your launch configuration - this is not what you would normally do using MCUXpresso IDE. Instead you should let the IDE detect your probe, then auto-generate the appropriate launch configuration. The simplest way to do this is to start your debug session using the "Debug" button inside the Quickstart Panel.

I would suggest looking at the following sections of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide for more information...

Chapter 3 - Debug Solutions Overview

Chapter 9 - Debugging a Project

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It sounds like you are trying to manually set up your launch configuration - this is not what you would normally do using MCUXpresso IDE. Instead you should let the IDE detect your probe, then auto-generate the appropriate launch configuration. The simplest way to do this is to start your debug session using the "Debug" button inside the Quickstart Panel.

I would suggest looking at the following sections of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide for more information...

Chapter 3 - Debug Solutions Overview

Chapter 9 - Debugging a Project

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
guitardenver
Contributor IV

Chapter 3 had the answer. 

To answer my other question:

Yes, it on board J-Link can be used to debug.

Yes, the J-Link does support semihosting.

Yes, it can be used with SystemView

0 Kudos