Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54016 - SPIFI and clock divider not generated by MCUXpresso & other BUG's

Jump to solution
adrian_chmiel
Contributor III

Hi,

I testing LPC54016 with external memory at SPIFI.

Everything works fine, but I noticed that it isn't possible to change the SPIFI divider by the settings in Clock perspective.

Przechwytywanie.PNG

When I set for example 256 value for clock divier for SPIFI interface, MCUXpresso do not add any line to change parameters in SYSCON->SPIFICLKDIV register:

Przechwytywanie.PNG

There is a BUGG in my opinion, but could you confirm?

Of course, I work around the problem by manually changing the divider in SYSCON->SPIFICLKDIV, but it would be great if it happened automatically

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Regarding to your first question about SPIFICLKDIV, I have reproduced your issue on my side. 

I will feed it back to tool development team. Will keep you informed.

Regarding to your second question about MCAN driver, I would suggest you create a new thread to differentiate the topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NVazquez
Contributor IV

I have a really basic question. I am using custom board with LPC54016 processor and winbond W25Q32JV external flash.

Can I use the same external flash for boot loading flash and for storing some data at the same time?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@NVazquez 

This is a very old thread of one year ago. 

Please create a new case to LPC space. NXP support will help you.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/bd-p/lpc

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Regarding to your first question about SPIFICLKDIV, I have reproduced your issue on my side. 

I will feed it back to tool development team. Will keep you informed.

Regarding to your second question about MCAN driver, I would suggest you create a new thread to differentiate the topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
adrian_chmiel
Contributor III

One more thing, I try to run CAN interface, but in MCAN driver is problem with assert:

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Address from 0x04000000 is points to the APB, because it is universal assert for other MCU families?

This assert checks if the declared memory is in the correct range, but the memory range doesn't indicate SRAMX (address from 0x0)

Przechwytywanie.PNG

MCAN driver is prepared default to use address from 0x1000 (so it's a SRAMX), in this topic I find the same information:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/Upgrading-2-7-SDK-gt-to-new-2-8-SDK-ERRORs/m-p/108... 

That mean, there is a bug in ASSER in MCAN driver?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos