LPC4330 + LPC-Link2: new IDE Bug or potential Errata issue?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4330 + LPC-Link2: new IDE Bug or potential Errata issue?

reavershadow
Contributor I

Happy May, 

I'm developing with the LPC4330-Xplorer eval board. I'm new to an eclipse based IDE, so please bare with me if I seem slightly lost when you provide assistance. Previously used Keil. The LPC-Link2 (rev.B) has the been updated with the most recent firmware (dated: 20190404). The issue I will describe below occurs, using both the LPC-Link2 debugger, as well as a J-Link Lite Cortex-M, although the errors messages are different. 

Issue/problem: when debugging, if I attempt to access the CCU1 registers via the Peripherals Panel, debugging crashes. Using the LPC-Link2 LinkServer Debug, I get the following message:

"

Target reported errors (click 'cancel' to terminate session)

Reason:

15: Target error from Read Memory

Details:

Debug port inaccessible after access at location 0x40051800

Debug port inaccessible after access at location 0x40051900

Debug port inaccessible after access at location 0x40051A00

Debug port inaccessible after access at location 0x40051B00

Debug port inaccessible after access at location 0x40051104

Debug port inaccessible after access at location 0x4005110C

"

reavershadow_0-1621817793208.png

and then everything become unresponsive until I "terminate all debug sessions".

I can access all other registers via the Peripherals Panel, only CCU1 is an issue. Also, if I manually add address 0x40051000 to the Memory Monitor, I can view the all the registers directly, without a breakdown categorization of the bits in the register (which is very useful). 

Using the J-Link Lite Cortex-M, I get:

"

Error

Interrupt failed.

'CCU1" has encountered a problem.
An internal error occurred during "CCU1". 

"

reavershadow_1-1621817814391.png

Like the using the LPC-Link2, at this point the system becomes unresponsive until i terminate all debug sessions. 

Please let me know what information you might need in order to determine the route of the issue, be it on my end, or IDE/silicon bug. 

Cheers,

Notice to others: if using the LPC43x0, read the Errata. Particularly, the RESET issues. When I programmed the eval board using __WFI() in my main loop, I was "locked out" from programming/debug again afterward. I managed to get access again by keeping the ISP pin low until i trigger debugging again. See link below: ISP Reset over debug - NXP Community

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Thank you for your patience. This is not an IDE issue, the User Manual mentions:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1623095823916.png

So, If you set a breakpoint handler in the reset handler at the beginning; the CCU1 registers are visible.
After that, some clock might be disabled making the CCU1 registers not available.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Hope you are well. I had the chance to replicate this issue with the same conditions you provided. I already contacted an internal team to report this issue. I will keep you updated of any reply I receive.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

I ran into a similar (or identical) problem today:

frank_meyer_0-1624864869906.png

While the target seems accessible, I cannot debug it. I can successfully mass-erase the target, but the problem persists.

And (the usual excuse...), it still worked fine last week, with basically unchanged target code.

An issue with the CMSIS-DAP firmware ?

Update:

Following the hints of another thread, I downloaded and debugged another example successfully. Which suggests something in the debug settings of the former project got messed up.

Referring to said thread, my target is a OM13098 (LPC54628). Not sure if there are SPIFI downloaders involved.

gauravmore
Contributor III

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue with OEM13088 evaluation board.

Please refer the thread link below,

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/SPIFI-Flash-Booting-information-for-LPC4367/m-p/13...

Also let me know if any solution regarding the same is available.

Thanks,

Gaurav More

0 Kudos