cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link2 debug probe stopped work properly on LPC4357

cescvaro
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm working on a custom board with a dual core LPC4357 and for debugging I used to work with an LPC-Link2.

In the application, the M0 core is just powered when is needed, otherwise is off, so debugging of the second core has always been tricky.

I've recently upgraded MCUXpresso to v11.3.0 and also started to use a Segger J-Link to debug.

So far, so good, I've modified a little the code to keep the M0 up and running so to make easier to debug, also trying Ozone, the GUI debug application from Segger, just to check the potentiality of the program - basically I've played with it running two instances of jtag session for each core.

Then, I've switched back to MCUXpresso with LPC and when I launch a debug session, no metter if using SWD or JTAG, automatically a debug session for M0 is created (if not present) and launched - or MCUXpresso tries, as it fails everytime, because the target core is not found.

And then, an hard fault exception is thrown.

Is that possible ? I mean, I was not aware of launching a second debug session on double core micro, and before using the JLink it never happend.

The debug configuration looks fine to me, checking with older version is the same as before; also flashing is fine, if I restart the device it works.

Note: if I start a debug session with JLink, it works fine.

0 Kudos
0 Replies