cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS to MCUXpresso Migration

Jump to solution
scaggsp
Contributor II

Is it intended that KDS projects be migrated to the MCUXpresso IDE? If so, does anyone have a guide/advice on how to do this effectively and efficiently.

I have tried simply importing a KDS project into MCUXpresso, but the project will not build. In the project settings I have the following error; Orphaned configuration. No base extension cfg exists for ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.config.elf.debug.166713453.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phillip,

I have completed today an article how to import and use KDS projects in MCUXpresso:

https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso/mcuxpresso-ide/blog/2017/04/02/mcuxpresso-ide-importi... 

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rhysdrummond
Contributor III

Hey there Erich.  If at some point you happen to go through an equivalent process for the new Peripherals Tools for MCUXpresso, that'd be awesome.  We have mainly CW/PE projects to migrate at some point.  If I get there first I'll let you know.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rhys,

yes, I'm already working on that, but was not able to finish it over the week-end.

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phillip,

I have completed today an article how to import and use KDS projects in MCUXpresso:

https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso/mcuxpresso-ide/blog/2017/04/02/mcuxpresso-ide-importi... 

I hope this helps,

Erich

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phillip,

yes, you can migrate KDS projects to MCUXpresso IDE, and I have done that for several projects now. I'm in the process of writing an article about the necessary steps. The MCUXpresso IDE is using a different build tool intergration than KDS, so by default you cannot directly import the project. There are several different ways (depending on your needs) how to migrate projects or how to continue using KDS projects in MCUXpresso IDE. I should be able to publish a series of articles in the upcoming days.

Thank you for your patience,

Erich