cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5189 connection and board

arivas
Contributor II

Hello.

I've bought several JN5189 MCUs and I've soldered on boards made by myself. They already have an Antenna, capacitors, resistors, oscilator, and everything that official datasheet explains itself. 

I've also downloaded and installed both MCUXpresso IDE software and jn5189 sdk from the official site.

My objetive: I want to make a simple projects which allows me to communicate at least two devices (one of them as a coordinator and another one as an end device.

So I wanted to try to make my program connecting the device board to my computing using a USB2UART wire, but when I try to start a new project in the IDE, It just let me to select JN5189dk6 board instead of flashing the circuit using its USART ports. How may I make this possible? Any pice of advice?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Adrián Rivas

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. Just to clarify, do you have a project/example ready to flash? Or are you trying to import and example? Have you tried before with our development kit? (JN5189 Getting Started) Are you trying to flash the JN5189 via UART? If you have a Development kit, have you tried the Production Flash Programmer?

Are you planning to use Zigbee or Thread? If you are planning to use ZigBee, please refer to Zigbee 3.0 Getting Started.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

arivas
Contributor II

Hello again. I'd like to explain better:

I have followed the steps from both the PDF you sent me and this one,  so I got open a main example which I will modify to test my circuits for a simple led blinking. I want my device to use an USB-UART communication for that, which I made following JN518x's Datasheet and This article, So I could say that I want to made a dongle and flash it with the MCUXpresso IDE, without use DK006 board.

Regards.

0 Kudos

arivas
Contributor II

Hello, 

Thank you for answering. Yes, I 'd like to use one of the examples folliwing the steps on the document below (imported) and I want to flash it into JN5189 via UART0 (PIO8 and 9), but avoiding to use the development kit. I've also read Zigbee 3.0 Getting Started (so useful) but what i need is to connect directly a device to the computer using the UART and your software, but I don't know how can I select that.

Thank you.

Adrian.

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The ISP protocol is implemented on USART0 (DIO9 and DIO8). For further information about In-System Programming, please refer to section 38 of the User Manual.

The available tool we have for this is the Production Flash Programmer (SDK_JN5189DK6\tools\JN-SW-4407-DK6-Flash-Programmer).

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos