Is it possible to use MCUXpresso IDE for iMX series MCUs?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use MCUXpresso IDE for iMX series MCUs?

merryma
Contributor II

My question is just as the subject.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, the MCUXpresso IDE team is not in a position to assist you with this. I would recommend that you ask for suggestions on the https://community.nxp.com/community/imx 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To slightly clarify the previous response - the only iMX parts that the MCUXpresso IDE currently supports is the iMX RT family, (based on the Cortex-M7 cpu).

There are no current plans to support the "traditional" iMX parts based on Cortex-A cpus  (or the Cortex-M "slave processors" available on some such parts) .

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support.

merryma
Contributor II

Hi. sorry for late reply. I am using iMX6ULL and am searching an IDE to help development. It seems that MCUXpresso does not support iMX6. Would you like to recommend other tools? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes and no.

MCUXpresso can handle the Cortex-M4 processors which are in some of our i.MX devices, for these we offer platform support. At the moment this is the case for the Cortex-M4 inside the i.MX 8M. But others will follow.

This includes compiler and debugger support.

MCUXpresso is not able to deal with the Cortex-A processors inside the i.MX devices.

merryma
Contributor II

Hi, Fink, thanks for your answer and sorry for late reply. I am using iMX6ULL on my project. So I have to search other IDE for it.

0 Kudos