Is it possible to send two kinds of values at the same time in real-time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send two kinds of values at the same time in real-time?

gmj1901
Contributor I

Dear NXP developers,

My name is Minjae, and I have a question.

I am using nhs3152 NFC chip to measure current value in real-time.

I made a code to send electrical current value to the smartphone in real-time using tlogger file.

By the way, is it possible to send the temperature value and electrical current value at the same time in real-time?

I changed the temperature.c file to send the electrical current value to the smartphone in real-time.

Thank you very much !

Best regards,

Minjae

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Minjae,

Yes you can.

An example how values of different sensors are returned in one response can be found in the demo application app_demo_dpahu_sensormonitor, which is available in the NHS3100 SDK.

(I presume you are adapting the demo application app_demo_dp_tlogger, using the latest NHS3152 SDK.)

How I would approach it:

• In msghandler_protocol.h
    Create a new application specific message id in the enum APP_MSG_ID, and create the command and response structures.
    or
    Adapt an existing one, such as APP_MSG_ID_MEASURETEMPERATURE, and append the extra sensor data to the response structure.
  • In msghandler.c
    Add a new entry to App_CmdHandler - don't forget to increment APP_MSG_ID_COUNT as well - and implement the handler function.
    or
    When in your use case a temperature value and a current value are always to be taken jointly, you can reuse an existing one such as MeasureTemperatureHandler. That one calls Temperature_Measure, which you can extend to first start a temperature measurement (calling TMeas_Measure) and then start a current conversion. The function SendMeasureTemperatureResponse then creates the non-immediate response not unconditionally, but when both temperature and current conversions have been finished.

The SDK provides to full firmware sources, and you are free to adapt tit to your liking. Just adapt it to whatever makes sense to you. Of course, mind, adapting the messaging also means you will need to change the parsing on the host side (the phone APP or the PC Python script or the like).

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

choi0216
Contributor I

Hello sir.

using app_demo_dpahu_sensormonitor.
I am trying to implement 2 external temperature sensors in the app.

The example source of SensorBoard app provided by NXP is required.

Can you provide APP (source: sensormonitor)?

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sir,

Yes! If you have downloaded the current latest SDK (v12.3), you can find the full sources under <SDK>/sw/XF. The solution file for the board monitor APP can be found at <SDK>/sw/XF/Monitor/Monitor.sln.

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

choi0216
Contributor I

Dear Dries.

Thank you for quick response.

I am looking for an android version to use in android studio.

Kind regards.

Choi

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Choi,

I'm very sorry, this we do not have on offer. We provide documentation on the communication layer, interface and protocol, and a demo mobile implementation using XF. If you need to create your own implementation using Java in Android Studio, we hope the provided material is enough to get you started.

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

choi0216
Contributor I

Hi Dries.

Thanks a lot for your help.

( <SDK>/sw/XF/Monitor/Monitor.sln. )

Many errors occur in visuals.  

Is there an Development environment for this?(Version, offset ... etc)

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The current released XF code is intended to be used with MS VS 2017. An update of the code is being worked upon, and will target MS VS 2019. I cannot give you a release date for this, unfortunately.

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos