Integrating MCUXpresso with JetBrains CLion

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating MCUXpresso with JetBrains CLion

davidcblack
Contributor I

I am hoping to integrate CLion by JetBrains with MCUXpresso.

Perhaps somebody has already done this? If yes, please share any details.

I note that STM32Cube, IAR, and several other vendors already have integrations.

CLion by JetBrains is an affordable commercial tool when it comes to developing C++ (and many other languages) and is used by many of the top C++ experts. As a cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux) IDE focused on many programming languages supports remote and local execution by specifying a toolchain as well as Embedded Development including OpenOCD debugging. They support C, C++, Rust, Makefiles, CMake, bash, Python, and many others. Static analysis and security are strong points of this toolset. Many companies are adopting this very strong tool.

Can anybody respond about possible NXP plans?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Currently, NXP does not support any integration with CLion by JetBrains. That is not to say that the integration is not possible, but I don’t know of anyone from NXP that has looked into the matter. If you wish to proceed with an integration, my best recommendation would be to contact JetBrains first to figure out the requirements and proceed from there.

Regards,

Edwin.

0 Kudos

rg94
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As far as I see, there would need to be some translation from .cproject + sdk + tools in MCUXpresso to something that CLion understands (whatever project format that uses).

Maybe someone could add an 'Export to local .cmake project' from within MCUXpresso, creating cmake files that would allow generating a project that is linked to the local machine + sdk + MCUXpresso tools (build, debug, flash, etc).

0 Kudos