cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instruction trace cause reset

biafra
Senior Contributor I

hi everyone,

I'm working on a custom board based on MK66FN2M0 device using MCUXpresso 10.3.1.

I'm trying to discover an error and I have to use the instruction trace feature.

If I leave disabled the instruction trace, the program runs fine (except the error I'm trying to find).

But if I pause the execution, enable the instruction trace and resume, the processor resets after few instructions. It doesn't matter where or when I enable it, even at the program start.

What can be the reason of this bahviour?

Many thanks

Biafra

6 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The MTB may be overwriting code or data on the target. Check that the MTB’s memory configuration is compatible with the target’s memory configuration.

Regards,

Aldo.

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi nxf46838‌,

The problem is present only when I debug my project.

Many thanks,

Biafra

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If possible try to run your code in one of our boards (FRDM-K66), this in regard that maybe something of your custom board is causing the reset.

Regards,

Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

converse
Senior Contributor V

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi nxf46838‌,

Where can I check the MTB's memory configuration?

Many thanks

Biafra

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi nxf46838‌,

As far as I know, MK66 have ETB, not MTB.

Many thanks

Biafra