cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported SDK (to updated MCUXpresso IDE 11.4.0) missing / crashes IDE

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

after updating the MCUXpresso IDE to 11.4.0, I followed the instructions in the manual (see here) to import SDKs from the previous version.

I only had 2 SDKs in the previous version installed. I imported them one after another.

However, it seems that one SDK was not properly imported. 

This is a screenshot after a restart of the IDE:

danielholala_0-1626948309472.png

Under "Installed SDKs" there's only one SDK listed, the SDK_2.x_LPC55S28 is missing. I cannot select the SDK for import anymore, either.

I think this is a bug.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are situations when part support needs to be manually refreshed. Would you please let us know what happens if you force reload of part support as described in the snippet (taken from User Guide) below?

lpcxpresso_supp_0-1626952408636.png

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hello @lpcxpresso_supp ,

I clicked "Recreate and reload part support info" button (I think in the state described in my first posting) but this did not help. Nothing changed.

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Just updated the SDK (Help > Check for Updates) and was offered to update two SDKs:

Update WizardUpdate Wizard

I proceeded with the update. 

Now the IDE does not start any more.  

When I start the IDE, I get to choose the workspace, see the splash screen, and then the application crashes

Choosing a different and unused workspace does not help.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the IDE, imported both SDKs together in one run of the import wizard.

I saw both SDKs listed under "Installed SDKs" until I updated the SDKs.

Now the IDE starts but does not list any installed SDKs (and I cannot select the SDKs for import any longer). I also tried the "Install new Plugin SDKs" wizard, but it states that the SDKs are already installed:

danielholala_1-1626951688555.png

I clicked "remove" and removed LPC5526 SDK. This made the LPC55S28 SDK appear under "Installed SDKs". I reinstalled LPC5526 and now both SDKs are listed as "installed SDKs".

Arggggg....the import SDK mechanism is definitively broken.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for the detailed report. We'll see if we can replicate your setup on our side.

Not sure what to say about the IDE not starting after SDK plugin installation but I suspect the missing SDKs issue can be easily solved by manually recreating part support after installation.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

@lpcxpresso_supp wrote

I suspect the missing SDKs issue can be easily solved by manually recreating part support after installation.

Removing the SDK and reinstalling (see above) resolved the issue for me.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Logged an internal ticket to keep track of this report. We'll get back once we have a conclusion. Thank you!

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support