cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITM Console Printf not working - FRDM K66F and MCUXpresso 10.1.1

alexstefan
Contributor III

Hi,

Trying to get ITM console printf to work for a day or so now. I'm running on a FRDM-K66F development board, MCUXpresso 10.1.1 and LPCLink2. Library set to Redlib Nohost, redirecting printf to ITM enabled. All other SWO tracing functions work - data watch, counters etc. 

Have read all content I could find on the subject, including this FAQ and this blog article. Odd thing is that, with the helloworld app, I'm able to send exactly one character from the ITM console to the board, but none after that. I can't get any data from the board to the ITM console though. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

How about the "hello_world" demo under KSDK ?

Steps as below :

Just Import SDK exmple from MCUXpresso IDE Quickstart Panel ->

Choose  hello_world  demo ->

Enable "Redirect printf/scanf to ITM pastedImage_1.pngWhen configure SWO, please pay attention the Clock speed, the chip of FRDM-K66 is MK66FN2M0VMD18 ,

the default core clock mybe 180MHZ, I haven't this board,  I test on frdm-k64 about the hello_world demo ,

it can work well , my attchment shows the result.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos