How to use GUI flash programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use GUI flash programmer

Lurkersoo
Contributor III

Hello,  My project can be debug successfully, but if I try to use "GUI flash programmer", it always shows that " No probe found". Please find the enclosed picture.GUI flash programmer.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

selectstriker2
Contributor II

I'm not sure if the OP is used to using KDS, but the flash programming utility provided with MCUXpresso doesn't use the PE Multilink. KDS had the "Flash to File" which worked with the PE Multilink. I was disappointed to find that feature gone in MCUXpresso.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

Yes, currently MCUXpresso only supports the LinkServer connection with that dialog, because it uses its internal (LPCLink/LinkServer) specific flash programming, and does not rely on the flash programming e.g. Segger or P&E does with their probes. Regardless, you can get the same functionality as in KDS. For this, simply configure a launch configuration with the file you want to download, plus configure it for your device:

pastedImage_1.png

If you use now the 'green' debug button, it will program your device with that binary. Now this will do the sa

me thing like a normal 'debug', but if you only want to download and run it, have a look at the following article:

Emulating Eclipse ‘Run’ with ‘Debug’ Configuration | MCU on Eclipse 

It is written for KDS, but the same thing applies to the MCUXpresso IDE too.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, MCUXpresso doesn't have  "simple flash", nor "Flash to File". These feature includes in CW or KDS but not in MCUXpresso.

If you want, you can escalate it as a feature request to NXP support team by submitting a case

How to submit a new question for NXP Support 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

MCUXpresso integrates Flash programmer, but it only supports LinkServer

pastedImage_1.png

For more information, please refer "10.5 Using the LinkServer flash programmer" in MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf which is under MCUXpresso install.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Which Debug Probe are you using? How is it connected?

0 Kudos

Lurkersoo
Contributor III

I use PE debug, find below. It doesn't support GUI flash programmer?

PE DEBUG.JPG

0 Kudos