How to read composite device with K64F as a host?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read composite device with K64F as a host?

eduardo1
Contributor II

Hello,

i got a balance with usb connection out. The device is recognized in PC as a composite device and can be enumerated as a COM port or keyboard. When i use a keyboard host stack in K64F, the board don't recognize the device. How can i implement the solution to read a composite device? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eduardo,

Could you provide details of your K64F project, please? What version of the MCUXpresso Config Tools and SDK are you using? 

Have you created the host USB project by using MCUXpresso Config Tools (the USB component) or you just used an SDK example project?

I suppose you are using FRDM-K64F board for debugging of your application, aren't you?

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

eduardo1
Contributor II

Hello Marek,

I'm using mcu Xpresso V11.1.0_3209 and config tools v7.

About the usb project, i'm using a SDK example, in specific, a host phdc manager bm project.

And yes, i'm using K64F for debugging.

0 Kudos

tomasklir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eduardo,

Do I understand it right that you're trying to connect VCOM+Keyboard device to PHDC host SDK example? PHDC host example supports only PHDC device. With Mouse+Keyboard host example your device should enumerate as a keyboard.

If you need PHDC+Keyboard host than I'd suggest you to use Peripherals tool (it's part of Config Tools) which also provides a configuration of USB on K64. There you can easily create a combination of supported classes that fits your needs. There's one limitation, though. USB examples from SDK package are not compatible with USB configuration from Peripherals tool. That means you cannot update SDK example but you need to create a new project.

Please let us know if you managed to make it work.

Best regards,

Tomas Klir

0 Kudos