cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provide GDB options in LPCLink 2 Launch Config

Jump to solution
jschepler
Contributor III

I have run into the issue where breakpoints caused my code to stop working due to extended back tracing.

(Reference: https://community.nxp.com/thread/327560 )

I have successfully resolved the issue in the PEMicro Debugger Launch config.  It is very easy to add GDB commands in that dialog.

How do I go about adding these GDB options when debugging with an LPC Link 2? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The issue you describe with backtrace causing debug problems is rather intriguing - I've certainly not come across anything similar to this previously.

But that aside, you can use the "Edit Scripts" button towards the bottom of the Debugger -> Target Configuration tab of the LinkServer Launch Configuration page to add the required gdb command.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The issue you describe with backtrace causing debug problems is rather intriguing - I've certainly not come across anything similar to this previously.

But that aside, you can use the "Edit Scripts" button towards the bottom of the Debugger -> Target Configuration tab of the LinkServer Launch Configuration page to add the required gdb command.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
jschepler
Contributor III

Thank you for your prompt response, this resolved my issue. 

Here is an image showing the command added to the "Edit Scripts" dialog, and the command showing up in the GDB trace console when debugging:

LPCLink2BackTracePic.png

Yesterday I saw an area in the Debugger --> Main tab for a GDB command file.  It is currently empty.  I tried creating a file and adding the command there but it never worked. 

0 Kudos