How to flash my App. on MCUXpresso IDE, using KDS i was able to flash my FRDM--KL25Z, how can I flash it with the MCUXpresso?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash my App. on MCUXpresso IDE, using KDS i was able to flash my FRDM--KL25Z, how can I flash it with the MCUXpresso?

enriquerodíguez
Contributor I

Hello.

Using KDS I was able to flash my FRDM--KL25Z, how can I flash it with the MCUXpresso?

It seem the debugsession loads my code in RAM, when debg session is terminated, my Board is not runing the app, any more.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

To confirm your code is loaded in RAM or Flash,

- please check your project ld file, where do you define code?

- check generated srecord file, where is the code allocated? (here is how to generate srecord file MCUXpresso IDE: S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse )

- when launch debugger, check memory window,  check if the code is in Flash?

With MCUXpresso, you can also  get the same functionality as in KDS. For this, simply configure a launch configuration with the file you want to download, plus configure it for your device:

pastedImage_5.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Be default it loads it into Flash (at least for me with the default settings). But are you using semihosting/printf()? In that case, they can stop the running target if there is no active debug session. I suggest not to use semihosting and no printf() and the likes.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos