How to create sdk zip file from New SDK Wizard project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create sdk zip file from New SDK Wizard project?

jackking
Senior Contributor I

I have created a new custom SDK using the SDK Wizard.

I can see it available in the workspace as an installed SDK for new prjects, and this works fine.

Is there a "build" process to generate a zip file version of a custom SDK that can be placed in the default SDK location and used in any workspace?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jack,

What is the current location of your SDK? (Is it in the common folder like the other SDKs you have downloaded)

There should not be any special additional steps to build it into a zip folder. I would suggest to take a look at the following post which goes through several considerations that have to be made in order to be able to use it among different projects or platforms. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

jackking
Senior Contributor I

That post seems to be old and not the same process as the new SDK Wizard.   The SDK Wizard only places the new SDK in the workspace (unzipped), not in the common folder.   If you switch workspaces, the custom SDK is not available.

New.jpgScreenshot_1_6_20__11_26_AM.jpgProperties_for_TEST_SDK.jpgworkspace_-_TEST_SDK_sdk_manifest_v3_6_xml_-_MCUXpresso_IDE.jpg

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Indeed, the SDK Wizard puts the newly created SDK inside the workspace. You can simply export your SDK as a zip using File => Export => General => Archive File. Just like in the two screenshots below.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

You can import afterwards the generated zip as any other SDK.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos