How to Preserve Non-Volatile Memory with GUI Flash Tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Preserve Non-Volatile Memory with GUI Flash Tool

Vagni
Contributor IV

My application saves some configuration data in the last sectors of the internal flash memory of i.MXRT1064 cpu.

With MCUXpresso PEmicro debugger 11.4.1 I preserve that memory range during flash programming.

Vagni_0-1652085344846.png

If I only want to flash my custom board and run without debugging, I can use GUI Flash Tool. The flash programming is successful, but GUI Flash Tool always erases the entire module.

I see a field for additional options is available on GUI Flash Tool window, but I do not know which options I can use and their syntax.

GUI_Flash_Tool.PNG

How can I preserve flash memory ranges with GUI Flash Tool ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

I have a Kinetis device, and I do have memory areas with flash data on it (file system and NVMC).

When using the PEMICRO interface, I do use the option without erase:

ErichStyger_0-1652335045414.png

That way my data blocks on the device are reserved and not erased. I confirm that this works for me with the latest PEMICRO drivers in McUXpresso IDE 11.5.1 (latest version as of today, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2022/04/19/mcuxpresso-ide-11-5-1/ ).

Other than that, you might try it with the J-Link interface: this one preserves memory blocks by default which are not used/touched.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos