How does the MCUXpresso IDE add variables to watch in the debug mode run state?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the MCUXpresso IDE add variables to watch in the debug mode run state?

neil168
Contributor I

Dear Sir.

How does the MCUXpresso IDE add variables to watch in the debug mode run state??

※Not debug paused add watch

Do you have to use those conditions??

thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Although, as Erich says, the standard Eclipse/CDT Expressions view does not support live variables, you can achieve this directly in the Global Variables view. As well as supporting the addition of Variables (using the "spectacles" icon), the Global Variables view also provides an "Add new expression" option (inside the view itself, rather than in the view's icons).

In the below screenshot (debugging the K64/Bubble example), I am displaying the global "g_xAngle" as a variable, and also have added it as an expression too :

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

neil168
Contributor I

thanks

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

neil168
Contributor I

Dear Erich Styger,

Thank you for your reply, "Global Variables" window I have tried this function. Because of this function, the IDE will crash for a while, so I would like to ask if I have used Add Watch Expression and then observe it in Expression.
※ Hope is in the debug mode run mode Add Watch Expression

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The expressions view does not support the live variable function. You have to use the variables view for this. If you want to monitor an expression, you would have to calculate that expression in your code and store it in a global variable instead.

0 Kudos

neil168
Contributor I

thanks!!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Which IDE version and what debug connection are you using? Note that there has been an identified issue with P&E/SEGGER using live variables in IDE 11.0.0 which causes some unintended side effects. The LinkServer connection is not affected by that.

0 Kudos

neil168
Contributor I

Dear Erich Styger,

I am using MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0_2516, then I am using the P&E driver on NXP EVB to burn/debug, I will try to see what you said CMSIS drive to do this, but currently I use MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0_2516 through CMSIS Driver also has a very unstable situation, I plan to use lpc-link2 to try again.

Thanks a lot...

0 Kudos

neil168
Contributor I

pemicro.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi neilyen

Yes, we can take use of "Global Variables"  window. see attached video of how it works.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

neil168
Contributor I

Dear Zhang Jennie,

Thank you for your reply, "Global Variables" window I have tried this function. Because of this function, the IDE will crash for a while, so I would like to ask if I have used Add Watch Expression and then observe it in Expression.
※ Hope is in the debug mode run mode Add Watch Expression

0 Kudos