How do you use USB as VCOM on NFC Library?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use USB as VCOM on NFC Library?

Jump to solution
larry1
Contributor II

Hi, I am new to NXP development.  I have the Basic Discovery Loop of NFC Reader Library running on CLRC663Plus demo board CLEV6630B with uP LPC1769.  It reads tags, and I want to send tag UIDs out via the USB serial port.  The USB port seems inactive - it does not enumerate when I plug it into my PC.  I see lpc_chip_175x_6x/inc/usbd and the HMI profile but no UART or VCOM profile.

Is there an example or anything of setting up a virtual com port (VCOM) on this platform?

1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

I recommend you to check the usbd_lib_cdc example from our LPCOpen library. This example demonstrates how to use USBD LIB stack to creates a virtual comm port. You can download it from the following link.

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpcopen-libraries-and-examples/lpcop...

Or if you have MCUXpresso already install in your PC you can import the project from the following path:

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563\ide\Examples\LPCOpen\lpcopen_2_10_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769.zip

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
larry1
Contributor II

Got it, thank you.  I would never have found that without guidance.

Larry

angel_fuentes
Contributor I

Hi Larry, i have the same problem like you,

did you make usbd_lib_cdc works with JTAG LPC-LINK2 connected ?

did you make usbd_lib_cdc works without code modifications?

did you make usbd_lib_cdc works without special MCUXpresso IDE debug configurations?

Thank's

Angel

0 Kudos
larry1
Contributor II

Sorry, Angel, I have not tried it yet.  Other things became more important.

Larry

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

I recommend you to check the usbd_lib_cdc example from our LPCOpen library. This example demonstrates how to use USBD LIB stack to creates a virtual comm port. You can download it from the following link.

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpcopen-libraries-and-examples/lpcop...

Or if you have MCUXpresso already install in your PC you can import the project from the following path:

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563\ide\Examples\LPCOpen\lpcopen_2_10_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769.zip

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.