How do you disable map file parsing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you disable map file parsing?

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Some of my MCUX projects have JavaScript modules in the source tree for an embedded web front end. The problem I'm having is that the IDE chokes on the related .map files, because of course it's expecting linker map files and not JavaScript debugger map files.

I've already set the editor to the plain text editor as Erich suggested, and it does open with the plain text editor when I click on a map file, but it doesn't affect the error output. I'm getting over 12,000 warnings ("no viable alternative at character ';'") which of course clutters up the view a bit.

If it's not possible to stop the files from being parsed, can the warnings at least be suppressed?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Scott,

the 'editor mapping' prevents it from parsed, but the errors are kept until the file is parsed again.

So you need to manually delete them:

ErichS_0-1626239737041.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I spoke too soon - it didn't actually permanently fix it. I've got it set to open all .map files with the text editor, and it does that. As soon as I clean the project or rebuild the .map files, though, all of the warnings come back.

Scott

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I'd done that and the errors were still coming back. I found the problem, though - it looks like you have to choose to open all .map files with the text editor and not just the specific map files that it doesn't like. I can live with that - the map file editor doesn't do much that's useful.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos

sorh
Contributor II

This doesn't seem to work for me. Even after choosing to open all .map files with the text editor the warnings keep coming back. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

You might have to remove the warnings in the 'Problems' view, as they are not automatically removed. After that, they should not show up if you open the .map as 'text editor' file.

In any case: if you could post the map file in question here, the MCUXpresso IDE engineers could have a look.

0 Kudos

sorh
Contributor II

I eventually was able to get rid of these warning by adding an exclusion under the resource filters. Thanks anyway!