How do I get my embedded application to run when I exit the debugger?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

How do I get my embedded application to run when I exit the debugger?

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,506件の閲覧回数
smick
Contributor I

With the Kinetis Design Studio, when I load my application using the debugger (JLink), it starts automatically when I exit the debugger or first power up by board. With MCUXpresso, it does not start up automatically.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Steve

1 解決策
1,405件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steve,

typical reasons for this are:

- using semihosting: in that case, if you use printf()/etc, it will wait for the debugger to retrieve the data

- using a RAM target: make sure that your application is loaded to FLASH, not RAM.

- you are using/waiting for periopherals configured by the debugger, e.g. hardware counters (see Cycle Counting on ARM Cortex-M with DWT | MCU on Eclipse ), make sure you properly initialize it from your application.

I hope this helps,

Erich

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2 返答(返信)
1,406件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steve,

typical reasons for this are:

- using semihosting: in that case, if you use printf()/etc, it will wait for the debugger to retrieve the data

- using a RAM target: make sure that your application is loaded to FLASH, not RAM.

- you are using/waiting for periopherals configured by the debugger, e.g. hardware counters (see Cycle Counting on ARM Cortex-M with DWT | MCU on Eclipse ), make sure you properly initialize it from your application.

I hope this helps,

Erich

1,405件の閲覧回数
smick
Contributor I

Erich,

It was the semihosting. I simply commented out a printf() at the beginning of my program and it now works as expected. Thanks for your help and especially for all you do with MCU on Eclipse! You have saved me many hours over the last 8 months.

Steve

0 件の賞賛