How do I add FreeRTOS to an existing project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add FreeRTOS to an existing project?

Jump to solution
vincent_kenbeek
Contributor II

I have started on a projected to which I would like to add FreeRTOS.

In MCUXpresso I have create a new example project with FreeRTOS.

I then copied the freertos folder and FreeRTOSConfig folder to my project and included them by adding the freertos folder to "MCU C Compiler > Includes" and "MCU Assembler > General" in the "C/C++ Build" settings in the properties.

However when I try to build my project I get the error "undefined reference to 'xTaskCreate' " in my main file despite including FreeRTOS.h, task.h, queue.h and timers.h.

Below is a screenshot of my includes settings. The "MCU Assembler > General" paths looks exactly the same.mcuxpresso.png

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you marked that folder you have copied to be included in the build?

pastedImage_1.png

If you just copied or created a folder, it might be marked as 'excluded'. See as well Exclude Source Files from Build in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you marked that folder you have copied to be included in the build?

pastedImage_1.png

If you just copied or created a folder, it might be marked as 'excluded'. See as well Exclude Source Files from Build in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

vincent_kenbeek
Contributor II

Thank you Erich, the window does show that it is excluded but the checkbox is greyed out and disabled so I can not uncheck that box

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vincent Kenbeek,

If still haven't solve your problem, you can share your whole project , then we can check the configuration.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Vincent,

could you show a screenshot of your project structure and a screenshot of the properties of that folder?

Not sure what is going on.

Erich

0 Kudos
vincent_kenbeek
Contributor II

I am not sure what changed but when I went back to take a screenshot it was no longer greyed out.

Unchecking that box fixed everything.

Thank you very much Erich.

0 Kudos