cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with K64F - Unable to debug demo app

willhuang
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm attempting to get a demo application running (hello world) for the Freedom-K64F board. I've been following the Getting Started guide (FRDM-K64F Platform|Freedom Development Board|Kinetis® MCUs|NXP ) and am currently at step 3 (Build, Run).

I'm clicking on the Debug button in the Quick Start panel, selected the "MBED CMSIS_DAP" probe :pastedImage_107.png

And clicked OK. However, I am getting the following error messages:

Error in final launch sequence
Error: Read timed out
LinkServer has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart MCUXpresso IDE.
Error: Read timed out
LinkServer has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart MCUXpresso IDE.

I've restarted the IDE, power cycled the board, restarted the computer. Uninstall and reinstalled the drivers and the problem still persists.

Any idea what is going on here?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello William Huang ,

What about your PC system ?

- If win7, I suggest you directly change the OpenSDA firmware , to J-link or P&E:

1)Press the Reset button (and keep it pressed) while power the board with the OpenSDA USB connector(J26):.
2)  The board will
show up as BOOTLOADER drive on your system:
3) Copy" 02_OpenSDA_FRDM-K64F.bin "
(I attached it for you) to the BOOTLOADER driver:
4) The copy operation takes about 2-3 seconds, after finished , unpower
 the board.
5) Power the board again normally .

- If win8 or Win10,  first you need to update bootloader of board, then  change firmware , detail

steps please refer to below thread:

Recovering OpenSDA Boards with Windows 10 | MCU on Eclipse    

Hope it helps.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

willhuang
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

This has helped me. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Willian,

Welcome .

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos