Getting Started with EVKB-1050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with EVKB-1050

comccmoc
Contributor I

I am trying to get my bearings with this software, and unfortunately I'm finding some broken links on the tutorials for the IDE itself.

I have the IMXRT1050-EVKB board and we are eventually attempting to run software on it. I have attached the PDF I'm about to follow for the final task.

I have downloaded SDK_2.3.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050 SDK as I believe this should be compatible. I have installed the SDK and imported the hello_world project from the demo_apps folder.

At this point I'm unforunately quite lost. I've tried to navigate my way around the project. I hit Config Tools -> Pins and got to a state I can't return from. Trying to select my project from the drop-down menu does nothing and there is a drop-down with one option ("MCU is not selected").

How can I simply run this program on the board?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Based on the information that you provided it seems that you have the EVKB-RT1050 evaluation board. But the SDK  that you downloaded is for the EVK-RT1050 board, this SDK is for the first revision of the EVK which you don't have. The proper SDK to download is the following: 

victorjimenez_0-1607971500212.png

Once you download the SDK you will also need to download the SDK documentation. Within the documentation, you will find a file named Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for EVKB-IMXRT1050.pdf. This file will help you to get started with the SDK.

victorjimenez_1-1607971527154.png 

Regarding the application note that you mentioned, we provide an example project for this app note as well. You can download it from the following link

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Sounds like you need to get back to the Develop perspective.

1. Press the Open Perspective button on the toolbar (towards the top right of the window)

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.15.41.png

2. Select the Develop perspective and press Open

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.16.01.png

0 Kudos