Garbled lines in main window when horizontal scrolling

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbled lines in main window when horizontal scrolling

velias
Contributor II

When I horizontal scroll the error window or text window to characters that are off the window, when the characters come into view they are garbled.  Improper rendering of text.   Scrolling up or down a line redraws it properly, but it is ANNOYING.

Using a MAC.

I'd include a screenshot, but as soon as I launch the screenshot utility, the text recovers.

Sounds like some Mac update/refresh issue

8 Replies

iancull
Contributor III

Just to keep this thread alive ... velias is definitely not the only person frustrated with this ...

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I understand that you find this annoying - I've occasionally seen the issue myself too (I primarily run the IDE on Mac), so I do sympathise. 

But as I previously tried to explain, this editor UI update issue is a problem in the Mac version of the underlying Eclipse framework that MCUXpresso IDE is built on top of. It will therefore affect any Eclipse based product from any vendor that uses the affected Eclipse version(s) --> it is not an MCUXpresso IDE specific issue.

Once we migrate to a newer Eclipse version, this should resolve the issue. And until then the workaround when it occurs is at least fairly straightforward. I really hope that this doesn't put you off using MCUXpresso IDE, or NXP MCUs.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

velias
Contributor II

It sucks the “work-Around” is to have to cursor up or down every minute or two.

It affects the Error Window too, such that you have to put the cursor on the line and move to the right with arrow keys in order to get an error with no garbled characters.

0 Kudos

velias
Contributor II

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 9.42.39 AM.png

0 Kudos

velias
Contributor II

So the solution is to use a P.C.  I guess Mac's suck.

Another solution would be to not use NXP processors or tools, I never had this problem with Texas Instruments Code Composer.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This appears to be a generic Mac-specific Eclipse problem: 548491 – [regression][mac] Cheese in java editor 

For the moment, as you state, you will need to force a redraw (e.g. by scrolling) to workaround. But it should be resolved when a new release of MCUXpresso IDE migrates to using a newer Eclipse release later in the year.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Victor,

Try this,

- create a NEW workspace and NEW project, test if the problem exists.

- not sure if any system file is damaged, try  fully uninstall the IDE then reinstall it. Make sure you test it by creating a NEW workspace and NEW project.

- As we haven't got similar report. If above can't resolve your issue, then please use your smart phone to record a video about this issue. Thus we know what's the problem. Thanks.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

velias
Contributor II

Here you go attached is a screen shot, when I scrolled to the right. It “corrects” when I move up or down a line:

0 Kudos