cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPT demo (SDK 2.3.1) runs once on EVKB then 1052 needs to be mass erased

Jump to solution
edw8
Contributor III

I have the gpt demo imported into a new workspace from SDK v2.3.1. I modified the demo to run with SDRAM support instead of SRAM (reordered memory sections, allocated stack/heap to SDRAM and added preprocessor define SKIP_SYSCLK_INIT)

The demo runs as advertised on MIMXRT1050-EVK. On this eval kit type, you can terminate debug mode and re-enter and resume at will.

On the EVKB-IMXRT1050 the demo runs after loading the first time, but when the project exits debug mode the IDE throws errors.

2018-04-30_17-06-53.png

2018-04-30_17-07-31.png

Despite the IDE showing to be out of debug mode, it seems debug mode did not terminate. This dialog popped up after I disconnected the EVKB from my laptop.

2018-04-30_17-08-07.png

Restarted MCUXpresso IDE and reconnected EVKB to PC. Attempted to enter debug mode and I got:

2018-04-30_17-11-34.png

2018-04-30_17-11-48.png

My only recourse now is to mass erase the EVKB.

I attached the exported project from MCUXpresso IDE. 

This is the first of two issues I have with the GPT demo. I will ask describe the second issue in a separate post.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ed Waldner,

Please try the latest version SDKv2.4.0.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select    

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We will investigate. But can you please just confirm - did the original demo work OK on both boards? i.e. was the problem triggered only when you made modifications to use SDRAM?

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
edw8
Contributor III

It seems the run-once-and-bail-until-mass-erased issue on EVKB-iMXRT1050 occurs on the original project imported from the SDK as well that is running out of flash but using SRAM. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. mass erase EVKB-iMXRT1050

2. restart MCUXpresso IDE and import gpt driver demo from the SDK

3. build and debug the gpt demo - gpt interrupt tick is visible on terminal via UART

4. attempt to terminate gpt demo -- same type of dialogs indicating failure to terminate

I attached an exported version of my test project.

For reference I also attached a snapshot of my EVKB with SN and rev info. 

0 Kudos
edw8
Contributor III

Issue remains active in MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0 build 759. I created a new workspace and imported a new SDK GPT demo project from the same SDK.

Demo runs fine the first time in debug mode. 

Terminating debug session creates first attached image.

After a few termination attemps, and EVKB power cycle, tried to restart debug session. This produced errors in second image.

Closed out of MCUXpresso IDE and power cycled EVKB. Restarted MCUXpresso IDE. Clean, then build, then tried to restart debug session. This produced errors in third image.

I added the exported project from MCUXpresso IDE 10.2.0 build 759's workspace.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ed Waldner,

Please try the latest version SDKv2.4.0.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select    

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ed Waldner,

I will report it to MCUXpresso expert team, thanks your sharing.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos