FreeRTOS tasks.c file not indexing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS tasks.c file not indexing

alannilsson
Contributor II

In all of my projects using FreeRTOS, the source file tasks.c does not get indexed properly.

All of the symbols show up properly in the project browser but while browsing the file, syntax highlighting & function hyperlinking do not work.

It appears that hovering works, i.e. macro's show correct expansion, but command/windows - clicking does not jump to definition.  Same for functions.

In all projects it is always and only the tasks.c source file.

Any idea's anyone?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

alannilsson
Contributor II

Progress.....  

That setting was not checked already.  Checking it, building - nothing.  Unchecking it, building - nothing.

Command click on the file itself and select 'Index -> Refresh all Files' - nothing.  Command click and select 'Index -> Create Parser Log File' created a log file listing all of the symbols in the file.  After creating the log file, now the hyperlinking to function/macro definitions is working.  However, syntax highlighting is still not working.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @alannilsson ,

not sure, but have you changed the scalability settings? I touch on this item (especially around FreeRTOS tasks.c) in my classes and labs at the Lucerne University.

You question reminded me that I maybe should write a short tutorial about it:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2020/10/31/freertos-and-eclipse-indexer-for-5k-lines-source-files/

Maybe this is what you are facing and this would be the same time the solution too?

I hope this helps,

Erich

alannilsson
Contributor II

And we have a winner!!!  Thanks Erich.

BTW, great work on mcuoneclipse, lots of good nuggets there!

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @alannilsson ,

>>And we have a winner!!!  Thanks Erich.

>>BTW, great work on mcuoneclipse, lots of good nuggets there!

Erich

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @alannilsson 

Could you please try to disable the project specific settings?

I checked the frdmk64f_freertos_i2c demo in my side, It can work after I uncheck 'Enable project specific settings'.

danielchen_0-1604054312418.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

alannilsson
Contributor II

Not only is the syntax highlighting not working, but breakpoints do not show up in the gutter for this file and only this file.

Clicking on the gutter (line number) creates a breakpoint, but it does not show up as a checkmark in the gutter

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, when I import the frdmk64f_freertos_i2c demo into MCUXpresso IDE 11.2.1.  file tasks.c not indexing, and breakpoints not working.  the file size is quite large, 179K.   after I uncheck ' 'Enable project specific settings'',   'Index -> Refresh all Files' , rebuild,     indexing and breakpoints are working on my side.

If this issue still there, please refer to @ErichStyger 's  document:  Fixing the Eclipse Index.

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/03/20/fixing-the-eclipse-index/

Regards

Daniel