Driver path for external flash not persisted for workspace-related path

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver path for external flash not persisted for workspace-related path

andreschueer
Contributor II

In the project settings "C/C++ Build" -> "MCU settings" we changed the Driver for the external flash as we have to use our own driver as the nxp shipped does not support our external flash.

We use version control and have different users checking out the .cproject from it.

Therefore we need to have a relative path to be used for the "Driver" regarding the external flash.

This can be set as i.e. "${workspace_loc:}/FW_pHMI/data/LPC5460x_SPIFI_GENERIC.cfx".

When the .cproject is then updated the value is updated to the absolute path, in our case "C:\Daten\GIT\B_Medical_Medref17\FW\TRL/FW_pHMI/data/LPC5460x_SPIFI_GENERIC.cfx"

This leads to the problem, that two developers having the project in a different location always wonder why the flashing does not work -> the standard external flash driver is being used and/or the driver is not found. This leads to regular errors when updating to a new version from the version-control. 

Is there a workaround available to temporarly solve this issue or how could we prevent this?

Additionally in the past, we overwrote the LPC5460x_SPIFI_Generic.cfx file from the corresponding MCUXpresso IDE version. This only worked partially as randomly the ide keeps updating the file from somewhere else that it leads to having the old version in the workspace for debugging after a while. I.e. the driver was copied from the SDK to the user workspace folder. As we do not know for sure where it was copied from and when, we were not able to find out how to solve this and found the "nicer" solution of selecting our own driver inside the project settings. Which has the above mentioned errors.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you are making this more complicated than it needs to be, as you can probably just use the "LPC546xx_SPIFI_SFDP.cfx" supplied with the IDE. This should support a much wider range of flash devices than the old "LPC5460x_SPIFI_GENERIC.cfx" driver.

Just use the drop down list to select this when editing the Flash region definition inside the memory configuration editor for your project. 

pastedImage_1.png

For more details, please see chapter 16, "LinkServer Flash Support" of the MCUXpresso IDE v11.0 User Guide - as supplied in the product install, and in particular section 16.2.4, "Flash Drivers using SFDP protocol (LPC and iMX RT)".

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Please check the following thread and let me know if this helps. 

https://community.nxp.com/thread/389031 

Regards 

Soledad

0 Kudos

andreschueer
Contributor II

Hi,

This does not help as the workspace path I select is overwritten with an absolute path in the project file.

We have to keep the workspace path “$ in the project file to be able to share this project using our version control.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Cordialement / Best Regards

Andre Schüer

Entwicklung Elektronik /

Electronics Development

Segula Technologies

EK Design Köln GmbH – Standort Köln

Robert-Perthel-Straße 77a, 50739 Köln – Deutschland

T +49 221 292691-53

F +49 221 292691-90

Andre.Schueer@ekdesign.de<mailto:Andre.Schueer@ekdesign.de>

www.segulatechnologies.com<http://www.segulatechnologies.com/>;

EK DESIGN Köln GmbH - Sitz der Gesellschaft: 50739 Köln - Handelsregister: Köln HRB 79262

Certified: DIN EN ISO 9001

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Lange

Copyright © SEGULA Technologies. All rights reserved.

This communication is intended to be received only by people to whom it is addressed and contains information that may be confidential and is subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender by reply email.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Von: soledad <admin@community.nxp.com>

Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. August 2019 19:19

An: Schüer, Andre <Andre.Schueer@ekdesign.de>

Betreff: Re: - Re: Driver path for external flash not persisted for workspace-related path

NXP Community <https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

Re: Driver path for external flash not persisted for workspace-related path

reply from soledad<https://community.nxp.com/people/soledad?et=watches.email.thread> in MCUXpresso IDE - View the full discussion<https://community.nxp.com/message/1191250?commentID=1191250&et=watches.email.thread#comment-1191250>

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Sorry for my delay. Please check the attached document (page 54)

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps 

Regards

Soledad

0 Kudos

dariuskellerman
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm currently trying to follow the instructions from the user guide that you cited (thank you for the pointer!).

It states that the scripts can "simply be dragged into the local project structure". And further up that they can "be found (automatically) either within an SDK or installed by default within the IDE". Alas, I cannot find the correct scripts for the LPC54608. Could you help with that?

Best regards,

Darius

0 Kudos