Disassembly View just shows error (was working fine before today!)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disassembly View just shows error (was working fine before today!)

jmullen_condose
Contributor III

Debugging a custom PCB prototype using LPC844 and a PE-Micro Univ. Multilink. All was working well, but this afternoon I see the following in the Disassembly window:

00001134: Failed to execute MI command:
-data-disassemble -s 4404 -e 4464 -- 3
Error message from debugger back end:
Invalid thread id: 1

Tried rebooting / power cycling - still no disassembly view data. Can find nothing about this in the MCUXpresso Users Guide. thoughts? Cheers! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

it might be that still some code in your application is trying to use semhosting. 

Make sure you have have the hard fault handler for semihosting present in your project.

The library can be easily changed through the project settings below:

ErichS_0-1601461669935.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

some wild guesses:

- could you share a screenshot?

- could it be that the disassembly view tries to read beyond the available memory? you might close the view and open it again to see if it helps?

- if using FreeRTOS, try disable the PnE thread awareness with '-kernel=none', see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/02/25/pe-arm-cortex-m-debugging-with-freertos-thread-awareness-and-rea...

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

jmullen_condose
Contributor III

Thanks for the speedy assist!

It seems to be related to me trying to reduce code size by changing from Redlib-semihost to newlibNano-none. Doing this causes several errors from eclipse packages (I do not use any semi-host features myself), and moving back seemed to cause this problem with Disassembly View. I restored the project from SVN and it is working as expected once again. I'll try again with saving code space again in the future, perhaps I'll create a new project from scratch, selected Nano, then copy over code....? 

0 Kudos