Debug Configuration will not connect to the debugger

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Configuration will not connect to the debugger

Kratz
Contributor IV

The latest version of MCUXpresso was just downloaded, IDE v11.3.0 [Build 5222] [2021-01-11]..

The processor type was downloaded from the NXP site.  

When trying to configure: Run->Debug Configuration. Then when when P&E debugging interface is selected from the list, an error message occurs: An error has occured. "See error log for more details. java.lang.NullPointerException"

What does it take to fix this.  I have upgraded before without an issue. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

The configuration is stored as .launch file in the project. You can simply delete that file.

Or you can press SHIFT when using the 'blue' debug button in the 'Quickstart' panel.

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Try deleting the existing debug configuration and let the IDE create one for you automatically, using the blue debug button in the Quickstart panel:

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 09.09.07.png

0 Kudos

Kratz
Contributor IV

I tried what you and Dr. Erich said to do, but a pop-up message says it cannot find either the P&E nor the MCU Link probes. 

"The configuration is stored as .launch file in the project. You can simply delete that file.

Or you can press SHIFT when using the 'blue' debug button in the 'Quickstart' panel."

0 Kudos

Kratz
Contributor IV

The .launch file has been deleted, and the file was auto generated. 

When launching the MCU-Link debugger this message is given, "0 available SWD Devices detected. Connect a device and try again.  (The MCU-Link has never worked before. Only the P&E debugger has worked).

The

No Compatable Probes Available.jpg

P&E debugger does not get detected although the blue and yellow lights light up. This seems to be the core problem. (The P&E Multilink Universal has been my debugger)

SWD Config.jpg

0 Kudos

Kratz
Contributor IV

Hi Converse, Please tell me how to delete the existing debug configuration. I see the blue Debug under build your project to create a new debug session as in your picture.

When choosing the blue debug icon, the process of connecting to debug gets stopped searching for the debugger probe.  A dialog box says, "No compatible probes available." 

The P&E debugging probe is connected to my computer.  I tested the P&E probe on a computer out back and it could program.  When connecting the probe to my computer, I hear the same P&E connection tones I always have. The blue and yellow LEDs on the P&E Multilink Universal.  The computer seems to know my probe is connected, but MCUXpresso cannot find it. 

Secondly, I have an MCU-LINK debugging probe, but have never been able to get it to program or debug.  The MCU-LINK is found, but when finally connecting, this message occurs: "SWD Configurations: 0 available SWD Devices detected. Connect a device and try again."  Does this mean it thinks the programming type MKE02Z64xxx4 does not match the processor, MKE02Z64VLD4?

0 Kudos

Kratz
Contributor IV

I have successfully tested out the program and debugger with MCUXpresso v11.3.0 on the final test computer in the production area. Then I updated the MCUXpresso software to v11.3.1.  Then the SDK 2.9 was added for MKE02Z64xxx4 use. the code was cleaned and compiled.  The refresh debug as performed, shift, blue bug.  After this the P&E probe could not be found when trying to debug. 

With the same result from two different computers, the problem seems to be with something I did or with the software install.  I installed a processor SDK but not a board SDK file. The SDK file was added at the screen below.  I am using the processor MKE02Z64VLD2.

sdk.jpg

0 Kudos

Kratz
Contributor IV

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  @Kratz :

Please check your device manager,  there should be a OpenSDA port  .

danielchen_0-1619576670207.png

I would suggest you update your board with latest firmware application

danielchen_1-1619576891877.png

The latest firmware can be downloaded from below link.

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial...

you can try it again after you update your board's latest firmware.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos