cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap

marcohaddad
Contributor III

Hello,

I was using the Kinetis Design Studio for two years when I decided give MCUXpresso a try.

I had the 10.0.0 version installed and it was going all right, but yesterday I updated it to the 10.0.2 version and became unable to build any project anymore. Omitting the crypographic parts, the error messages resumes to "Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap".

Google searching for that phrase gives some old 2013 posts and the only link that seemed useful was to a LPCxpresso forum that may have been shutdown by NXP, since its homepage comes up instead of the linked forum message.

Fortunately the 10.0.0 installation was not over written and still works fine, but it would be better to be in sync with the others in the team...

Sorry for the bla bla bla... The real question is: does anyone remembers how to fix this ???

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

marcohaddad
Contributor III

Hello again,

I have found a stupid solution on the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide section 14.13, and the funny thing is that page crashes my Adobe Reader...

Any way it suggests to replace the ide\msys\bin\msys-1.0.dll with the msys-1.0-alternate.dll in the same folder, and if eventually stops working again, to restore the msys-1.0-original.dll.

It worked for me, at least for now... But I will try to replace the hole msys with the 2.0 64-bit version, sometime...

Best regards,

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For details of how to resolve this, please see section 14.13, "Make fails with Virtual Alloc pointer is null error", of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

mohammad_kamil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I dont find section 14.13 in user's guide. please help.
https://nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf 

for me it was working ok, but i started getting this msg suddenly from nowhere. and now i cant move a bit.

With Regards

Kamil

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The documentation reference will depend upon what version of the IDE you are using. For the current MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1, this issue is documented in the supplied MCUXpresso IDE v10.2 User Guide, section 18.11, "Make fails with Virtual Alloc pointer is null error".

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

marcohaddad
Contributor III

Thanks, I was writing my own comment while your message came in and I only saw it after...

0 Kudos