cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to MIMXRT101-EVK once and never again

Jump to solution
Elmi77
Contributor III

I'm playing around with the MIMXRT101-EVK and try to connect MCUXpresso via the integrated USB-debugger. This worked fine exactly once until an error message appeared about a register which could not be read.

Now that I try to connect to the board a second time, no SWD targets can be found any more.

This is what I have in MCUXpresso while trying to connect to my target:

So the USB-debugger is detected properly. But in next step there is no target:

No Idea how I could have disconnected the target as it is fixed on the evaluation board.

So...could I have damaged something by downloading my first code to the RT1010?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well
I suggest you to use the latest version of MCUXpresso, I will list you the steps suggested to regain control of the board:

1. Open MCUXpresso.
2. Import any example of the SDK; I suggest you to import iled_blinky example.
3. Locate SW8 on your board.
4. Change the switches of the SW8 to enter Serial Downloader, for this turn ON SW8-4 and turn OFF all the other switches in SW8.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1659632511814.png

5. At this point, do a power-cycle to your board(disconnect and connect power) so the changes in the switches take effect.
6. Go back to MCUXpresso, since you just imported the project, I assume that it doesn’t have any debug configurations if you are using another project that does have debug configurations please delete them.
7. Launch the debug session of the project while in serial downloader.
8. When the debug session is launched, you won’t see that the program stops at the main as it normally does, this is because you are in serial downloader mode.
9. Stop this debug session.
10. Delete the debug configuration of the project.
11. Go to your board and change the SW8 back to the way it was. SW8-1 OFF, SW8-2 OFF, SW8-3 ON and SW8-4 OFF.
12. Do a power cycle to your evaluation board.
13. That’s it! At this point, you should be able to enter the debug sessions without any problems.

I suggest you to import a fresh project from the SDK so we are sure that this project works perfectly and has all the right configurations in the clocks and in all the other peripherals. This will bring your board into a known state and will avoid bricking it again.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Elmi77
Contributor III

Yay, it is working now! Seems I bricked my board by some illegal clock settings...thank you!

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well
I suggest you to use the latest version of MCUXpresso, I will list you the steps suggested to regain control of the board:

1. Open MCUXpresso.
2. Import any example of the SDK; I suggest you to import iled_blinky example.
3. Locate SW8 on your board.
4. Change the switches of the SW8 to enter Serial Downloader, for this turn ON SW8-4 and turn OFF all the other switches in SW8.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1659632511814.png

5. At this point, do a power-cycle to your board(disconnect and connect power) so the changes in the switches take effect.
6. Go back to MCUXpresso, since you just imported the project, I assume that it doesn’t have any debug configurations if you are using another project that does have debug configurations please delete them.
7. Launch the debug session of the project while in serial downloader.
8. When the debug session is launched, you won’t see that the program stops at the main as it normally does, this is because you are in serial downloader mode.
9. Stop this debug session.
10. Delete the debug configuration of the project.
11. Go to your board and change the SW8 back to the way it was. SW8-1 OFF, SW8-2 OFF, SW8-3 ON and SW8-4 OFF.
12. Do a power cycle to your evaluation board.
13. That’s it! At this point, you should be able to enter the debug sessions without any problems.

I suggest you to import a fresh project from the SDK so we are sure that this project works perfectly and has all the right configurations in the clocks and in all the other peripherals. This will bring your board into a known state and will avoid bricking it again.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar