cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code relaunched when "terminate" button is cliked

nicolaslignée
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm currently working on MCUXpresso with the FRDM-KW41Z evaluation board.

Always when I "terminate" the debug session, the code seems to be relaunched. (I see it because I'm printing some information through a CLI and It goes when I launch my project and when I terminate the debug session).

Does someone know if there is a configuration to set or something to remove in order to solve this issue ?

Thank you.

Nicolas

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nicolaslignée
Contributor I

I finally solved my problem !

After a umpteenth look at the debug configuration, I found an option called "Halt target" which wasn't checked. 

I checked it and after 20 tries, It seems that the problem is solved.

Thank you.

halt.PNG

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nicolas,

that would depend on the debug connetion/probe you are using (P&E, Segger or LinkServer). For the LinkServer (LPCLink/LPCLink-2) there is a setting for this:

pastedImage_1.png

The setting 'says' disconnect, but in reality it is for the 'terminate' (pastedImage_2.png) button.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

nicolaslignée
Contributor I

Hello Erich,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm currently using a GDB Segger Interface to debug my project. Unfortunetly, I don't find your setting in my debug configuration ...
I wonder if the problem come from the debug configuration or it come from a ".exe" which crash when I click on "terminate".

On monday, I had a incomprehensible crashes of the "arm_none_eabi_gdb.exe" when I paused or Terminated my program ... which disappear the next morning without any explanation.

I'll continue my investigation ...

Nicolas

0 Kudos