cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't write to SPIFI registers on a LPC4330

Jump to solution
alexanderolsson
Contributor I

I'm having troubles with the SPIFI and in particular the registers. 

According to the manual https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10503.pdf  we have these registers.pastedImage_1.png

But whe the program is going to write to STAT it fails and gets stuck.

Checking the memory we can see that there are questionmarks instead of data at the STAT location.

pastedImage_3.png

Any sugestions of how to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander Olsson,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd highly recommend you to relocate the code in the internal RAM which is used to write SATA register, please have a try.
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alexanderolsson
Contributor I

Yes, relocating the application to ram helped! So for anyone who finds this in the future, here is how i did it. 

pastedImage_1.png

and change the debugger.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
NVazquez
Contributor IV

I am getting the same exact problem. I am using LPC54016 controller on custom board.

Changed this as recommended,

NVazquez_0-1646944627228.png

I am using mcuxpresso 11.5.0,

I have different options.

NVazquez_1-1646944721161.png

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander Olsson,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd highly recommend you to relocate the code in the internal RAM which is used to write SATA register, please have a try.
Have a great day,

TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!