cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC check disable

fwabtu2022
Contributor I

Hi 

I'm new to FW world and trying to learn hope I can get a help here. I'm trying to debug an application with bootloader. According to documents I have to disable CRC before trying to debug the application. So I used to bypass option in build configuration then program the bootloader hex. Then trying to debug the application would give me error "Break at address "0xdeadbeee" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.". I'm not sure if I correctly disable CRC and if error is related to other issues.

I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.1 [Build 6260] and MIMXRT1051

0 Kudos
6 Replies

fwabtu2022
Contributor I

Hi @jeremyzhou 

Thank you for getting back to me. Sorry I should have been more clearer. To give you a little background about my setup I have a custom board/PCB based on i.MX RT1050 MCU that controllers drilling system. The system developed by someone who unfortunately don't have access to ask questions. So I'm trying to understand and modify some functionalities. The system has bootloader and firmware/application. The hardware is connected to my development machine through jLink debugger (SWD). So my aim was to see if I can use jLink to debug or step through the code line by line, using MCUXpresso IDE. The bootloader code builds fine and I can debug fine (step trough the code). For the application part my understanding was to follow the same steps but found out that I have to disable bootloader CRC check to debug. So in MCUXpresso I used the Bypass build configuration that would let me build the code fto bypassing CRC check for dev. purpose. (MCUXpresso Project ->  BuildConfiguration ->  SetActive -> Bypass (Bypass CRC check for development). Once I program the Hardware bootloader with this configuration, next I built the application and when I try to debug this is the error I'm getting "Break at address "0xdeadbeee" with no debug information available, or outside of program code." 

I'm new to FW dev. and let me know if you need more information. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Actually, if there's a good bootloader already residing in external Flash, it's necessary to disable the CRC check, further, I didn't see the CRC check option according to your indication.

jeremyzhou_0-1652240211826.png

So in my opinion, please check the bootloader whether can jump to the application successfully.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

fwabtu2022
Contributor I

fwabtu2022_0-1652455569847.png

Hi this is how I choose Bypass option. Any pointers on how to check if the bootloader successfully jump to the application ? 

And also looking at debug console , I'm seeing error  Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0xdeadbeee in ?? () 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Any pointers on how to check if the bootloader successfully jump to the application?
-- Actually, there're a lot of reasons that may cause the issue, so from your experience, you'd better plus the bootloader in the software design after debugging the standalone application successfully.Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

fwabtu2022
Contributor I

Attached the JLink log file

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Actually, I'm not very clear with your question, whether you want to debug the application itself or debug both the application and bootloader simultaneously?
More further, I was wondering if you can introduce the testing environment, for instance, board, debugger, etc.
Lastly, please demonstrates what you did to disable the CRC.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos