Apple M1 with MCUXpresso to flash and debug RT1170-EVK ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple M1 with MCUXpresso to flash and debug RT1170-EVK ?

EdOfTheMountain
Contributor III

Any Apple M1 users out there?  Can you flash and debug RT1170-EVK device hardware on an M1 ?

I expect the Apple M1 can run MCUXpresso. 

It is the drivers to flash and debug hardware targets that I am worried about?

Thanks in advance,

-Ed

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) It is the drivers to flash and debug hardware targets that I am worried about?
-- In my opinion, it should be able to run the MCUXpresso IDE on Apple M1, even I don't test it by myself.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

EdOfTheMountain
Contributor III

Yes, I had mentioned in my original post that I expected MCUXpresso IDE to run on Apple M1 silicon.  It is a Java based IDE.  Even if IDE was native X86, I expect Rosetta 2 could successfully translate x86 to ARM and run the IDE.

My question is can you flash and debug RT1170-EVK device hardware on an M1

It is the hardware debugging on a M1 host and connecting to a device, that I am concerned with.

Does anyone have experience debugging device hardware using MCUXpresso from an Apple M1 machine?

Thank you,

0 Kudos