kFC8_RST_SHIFT_RSTn generated in peripherals.c by SDK but kFC8_RST_SHIFT_RSTn is not defined anywhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kFC8_RST_SHIFT_RSTn generated in peripherals.c by SDK but kFC8_RST_SHIFT_RSTn is not defined anywhere

chetferry
Contributor II
I am using FLEXCOMM8 for SPI.  Chip is LPC55S69.  SDK version is 2.7.1.  kFC8_RST_SHIFT_RSTn is not defined anywhere in the code.  I can see kFC0_RST_SHIFT_RSTn through kFC7_RST_SHIFT_RSTn defined in fsl_reset.h, but no kFC8_RST_SHIFT_RSTn.  
Here is the auto generated function in peripherals.c:
void FLEXCOMM8_init(void) {
RESET_PeripheralReset( kFC8_RST_SHIFT_RSTn);
/* Initialization function */
SPI_MasterInit(FLEXCOMM8_PERIPHERAL, &FLEXCOMM8_config, FLEXCOMM8_CLOCK_SOURCE);
}
Is this a bug in the SDK?  As a work around can I just comment out the RESET_PeripheralReset function call?  I only configure this peripheral after the processor comes out of reset and then never change it.  Or can some one tell me the correct define for kFC8_RST_SHIFT_RSTn and I can put that in my code.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chet,

thank you for reporting this problem, attached you can find patch fixing this problem in MCUXpresso Peripherals tool. It will be also fixed in next update of MCUXpresso Config Tools v7.

How to install the patch:

1. Ensure you have an administrator rights, MCUXpresso Configuration Tools are not running and the MCU data of the MCUs you want to use are available (downloaded) on your desktop.
  2. Copy the content of this archive into the tool's data folder:
    Windows: c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v7
    Linux/Mac: /home/<USER>/.nxp/mcu_data_v7

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

fruitmans
Contributor II

How can i apply this fix to the configurator in MCUXpresso?

0 Kudos

Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rik,

for MCUXpresso Config Tools v7 and MCUXpresso IDE v11.1:

1. Ensure you have an administrator rights, MCUXpresso Configuration Tools / MCUXpresso IDE is not running
  2. Copy the content of archive attached in my previous reply into the tool's data folder:
    Windows: c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v7
    Linux/Mac: /home/<USER>/.nxp/mcu_data_v7
  3. Restart MCUXpresso Configuration Tools / MCUXpresso IDE

Regards,

Lukas

fruitmans
Contributor II

Hello Lukas,

Thank you for the response. I made a "user error" ;-). When i use the file explorer from windows the folder "ProgramData" is not visible so i could not browse to this folder. When o paste the full path in the url field is did found it. Copied the files and the error was gone.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

chetferry
Contributor II

I don't see a link to download the patch.  Can you try posting again?  Further question...  Are there any negative consequences to not resetting the peripheral for my use case: Only configured once after chip comes out of reset.  Thanks very much

0 Kudos