cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx rt 1060 debug freelink jtag

Jump to solution
aaronminner
Contributor III

Does the FreeLink JTAG port (10 pin J34) work for general debugging on the MIMXRT1060-EVK platform?  I'm using a J-Link Mini on the 10 pin port, but I get a "J-Link V6.62d Error - MAIN_LogError: Insufficient space in error buffer!" pop-up alert, and then the program jumps to 0xdeadbeee.  If I use the LinkServer debug profile, that works as expected so I think the program I'm running - just a simple blinky demo - is not the culprit.

I've used two different J-Link Minis with the same results; I've also checked the cabling to make sure it's correct.  The same J-Link Minis work just fine on a K66F board, so I believe they're not the problem.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Aaron,

J34 is used to communicate with the on-board LPC4322 MCU. To communicate with i.MX RT device you need to use J21 JTAG connector. For more information I recommend you to check MIMXRT1060 Evaluation Kit Board Hardware User's Guide.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored.

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Aaron,

J34 is used to communicate with the on-board LPC4322 MCU. To communicate with i.MX RT device you need to use J21 JTAG connector. For more information I recommend you to check MIMXRT1060 Evaluation Kit Board Hardware User's Guide.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored.

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos