取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

.cproject file: 2 simple questions

1,334 次查看
petrama
Contributor III

In an attempt to get to the bottom of another question "PHY Auto-negotiation succeeds in SDK example but fails in new project" I am comparing .cproject files.

Q1. What does the option useByScannerDiscovery mean, and where in the IDE can it be set?

Q2. What does the number mean that is part of almost all options eg. <option id="gnu.c.compiler.option.warnings.allwarn.389359949". It is different between projects, how come?

Thanks for your help!

0 项奖励
2 回复数

1,325 次查看
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

'Scanner Discovery' is basically an engine which is able to scan the command line to the build tools and extract information from there. You can see something like this in the build output parser shown in https://mcuoneclipse.com/2019/08/18/building-and-flashing-esp32-applications-with-eclipse/

That number suffix you show is basically a 'unique ID' for entries, they are used not to create a conflict between settings and projects.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 项奖励

1,305 次查看
petrama
Contributor III

Thanks, Erich

Q1. The option useByScannerDiscovery is scattered all over the place in the -cproject file. But I guess it is mostly an internal thing, that I don't have to worry too much about.

Q2. I don't really understand the idea behind the number surfixes, but again it's an internal thing. But it does make file comparison a little harder, and options cannot be copied between cproject files as full lines. 

In the comparison process I did find a solution to my original problem refenced above. It relates to "Ekstra linker scripts", that you have written an article about. Could I ask you to take a look at the solution and maybe explain why that made it work?  

Thank you, Petr

0 项奖励