Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting MCU-link via USB-ethernet bridge

Jump to solution
OussamaB
Contributor I

I am using:
MCU-Link CMSIS-DAP V2.250

USB to Ethernet bridge: DS-510(from Silex)

IDE: Uvision Keil V5.37 & ARM DS 2022.1

The issue:

Connecting the MCU link to the PC is detectable by the IDE. But connect it via the bridge, it is not shown in the debugger list.

What I tried:
Using another CMSIS-DAP debugger works as expected with PC and bridge.
With a USB log view, there is no difference between connecting the MCU link via PC or via the bridge.
I notice that MCU-link creates 4 virtual ports while the other debugger( which worked) created only one port.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi OussamaB

I use MCU-Link on 64bit win10 computer. it can be well connected with MCUXpresso IDE.

Please follow below starting guide. If still can't work, change another computer, thus we can identify the problem is caused by your computer or other factors.

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-mcu-link:GS-MCU-LINK

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OussamaB
Contributor I

Thanks,

With a direct connection between the MCU Link and the PC, it works as expected.

The issue was only with the USB-ethernet bridge.

But now with the MCUXpresso IDE, the probe is detectable via the bridge and has no issue.
So It looks like it is a Keil IDE issue. I will contact them.

Have a nice day  

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi OussamaB

I use MCU-Link on 64bit win10 computer. it can be well connected with MCUXpresso IDE.

Please follow below starting guide. If still can't work, change another computer, thus we can identify the problem is caused by your computer or other factors.

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-mcu-link:GS-MCU-LINK

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos