Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't view MCUXpresso training videos with older version of Brightcove player

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm not able to view the MCUXpresso training videos from the 'debugging series' like:

https://www.nxp.com/design/training/advanced-debugging-with-mcuxpresso-ide-part-1-building-debugging...

(and the other: part 2,3,4 etc.)

The video doesn't show even the 'play' icon. While right clicking I can see that it uses Brightcove Player Version 6.45.4 and Video.js Version 7.9.3. 

On the other hand I have no problems with playing the content with other training videos whenever the Brightcove Player Version is 6.46.4 and Video.js Version 7.9.7.

It's the same with latest Chrome and Firefox browsers.

How can I view these training videos ?

Regards

Maciek

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Maciek :

I f tried this link on my side  , found this link is working with Google Chrome now.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems there is an issue with the link.  Let me report it to the web team.   Thanks

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi @danielchen ,

In the meantime I've found another problem with training videos - some of them are playable but the video itself is not resizable (I'm not able to enter full-screen mode) and there are no usual controls like 'forward/backward', 'full-screen', 'stop/play' etc. You can only pause/resume the video using 'space' key.

Look for example here (I've found many other videos with the same bahavior):

https://www.nxp.com/design/training/creating-a-custom-board-sdk-and-migrating-code-between-boards:CR...

In many cases the small vewing area is not readable enough to be useful. Is this a problem at NXP site or I'm not able to use the embedded player correctly ?

Thanks for help 

Maciek

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

It is a bit odd, but this is what I found works:

play the video - there now appears a pause control on the right of the video (along with options to play 2 other videos). press it

now press play again, and the video now goes full screen, together with all of the standard pause/forward/reverse/etc controls

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Thanks for your suggestion but it doesn't work in my case. In latest Chrome and Edge I have the same behavior: when clicked once - the play icon (on the right of the video window) changes to 'pause' and any subsequent clicking doesn't change it any more - it simply restarts the whole video from the beggining.

As I said - it's not usable at all. Does anyone know what versions of OS/browser/etc. (or some other dependencies) are required to view these videos ? 

Maciek

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Maciek :

I f tried this link on my side  , found this link is working with Google Chrome now.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Thanks @danielchen,

I was constantly checking NXP training site and have found a week (or so) ago that the links are finally fixed. Now all the videos seem to work fine and I use them frequently.

Regards

Maciek

0 Kudos