Why the TMODE of the Timer Control Status Register ENET_TCSR2 can not be set?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the TMODE of the Timer Control Status Register ENET_TCSR2 can not be set?

leexiao
Contributor I

Hi, All

We have got an MIMXRT1050-EVK. We are testing the ptpd demo ( an1219sw) on it. It seems the ptpd can work. In order to check the time difference between the Master and Slave, we'd like display the PPS signal of the Slave and Master on an oscilloscope. Since the PPS signal is generated directly from the 1588 timer channel 3 and is routed to the J22-7 pin of the MIMXRT1050-EVK. We have set the SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO_AD_B1_02 register to 0x00000004 and the SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_GPIO_AD_B1_02 register to 0x000180B0 to select ENET_1588_EVENT2_OUT. However, when I connect the J22-7 pin of the MIMXRT1050-EVK to the oscilloscope, the PPS signal could not be displayed on the oscilloscope.  We debugged the program and found that the TMODE of the ENET_TCSR2 register could not be set correctly. It is always zero no matter what kind of data was set to it. It means that the Timer Channel is always disabled. It seems that other fields such as TPWC can be set correctly. I used the software from an1219sw. Part of the code is attached to this message. We are very grateful if some one can help us to solve this problem.

Best regards.

Lee Xiao

0 Kudos
5 Replies

leexiao
Contributor I

Hi, Jimmy

Thank you for your help. We're going to buy some EVKB boards.

Regards.

Lee

0 Kudos

leexiao
Contributor I

Hi, Jimmy

Thank you for your help. I am using SDK 2.4.2. I just got an updated Application note AN12149 and found the problem. I was still using the old clock_enet_pll_config_t config={true, false, true, 1, 1} for SDK 2.3.0. Now, I have changed it to clock_enet_pll_config_t config = {true, true, 1, 0} as suggested in the new Application note AN12149 and it worked now. However, my PTP master still cannot talk to the PTP slave properly. It seems the PTP master did not respond to the DELAY_REQ message from PTP slave. The reason is that one of my MIMXRT1050-EVK cannot receive any of the PTP package. I have done some debug about it. The Ethernet has received the package and I checked that the UDP layer has received the package but the UDP cannot pass the package to the PTP task. I have got another MIMXRT1050-EVK which is exactly the same as the MIMXRT1050-EVK I mentioned above. Both of them are running the same firmware. However, the PTP task on one of the evaluation board cannot receive the PTP package and the other one can receive PTP package and response to the received PTP package. We are very grateful if you can tell us what could cause this problem.

Best regards.

Lee Xiao

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For your reference, a discussion about the sync error: https://community.nxp.com/thread/487478 

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There are two different i.MXRT 1050 EVK boards. One is EVKB and one is EVK. The EVK board is using old silicon and the SDK is 2.3.0 (no new update version for old board). For EVKB, it is using new silicon and the SDK now is 2.5.0 latest one (https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select ).  If you are using EVK board (old one), I would suggest you to order the new one EVKB.  If you already have the EVKB, please update the SDK to 2.5.0.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

which version of SDK are you using?

could you show me how you set the TMODE in your code?

0 Kudos