Unused declaration of variable 'g_pfnVectors'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused declaration of variable 'g_pfnVectors'

andrewhartnett
Contributor II

Unused declaration of variable 'g_pfnVectors'...'_Vectors'...'_bss_section_table'

I'm trying to build a simple program for a MKL27Z256VFM4 using C and MCUXpresso.

The code compiles with no errors, but with three warnings of 'unused declaration of variable' for the key variables noted above.

I can load the code to the target device where it errors with a hard fault :-

pastedImage_1.png

I'm fairly sure this is because the interrupt vector table is not getting linked into the code correctly, but I don't know what steps to take to correct it.

Any one got any input please?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

andrewhartnett
Contributor II

Hey Erich - I found the problem - no need for you to take any action.

I had the RAM size configured incorrectly. Once I fixed that the code ran. It's not running correctly!! but at least now I can debug it.

Thanks, Andy

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

can you share your project? No need for the application code itself.

0 Kudos

andrewhartnett
Contributor II

Will do Erich – what’s the best way to do that? When I try to export from MCUXpresso it asks me to choose an export wizard….the attached was created using General, Archive. Let me know if you need a different format.

This is a very simple project – but overall I’m porting software from Kinetis IDE to MCUxpresso, and from a Kl25 to a KL27. So a number of moving parts.

To try and simplify, first I’m trying to check that the hardware is working – a custom board with a KL27Z2256VFM4, some switches and sensors.

This project is setting up a PIT timer on a 1 millisecond interrupt, which links to a button handler to check the status of the switches. The button handler switches based on the button pressed – I’ll put breakpoints in the code and check that the software sees the button press.

Once I can confirm the buttons working I can check the rest of the hardware.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos