USB enumeration failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB enumeration failed

elinaiman
Contributor I

I am using MCUXpresso 11.2.0 and SDK 2.8.0. I imported SDK example "frdmk64f_host_hid_generic_bm" .

When I connect a usb keyboard, I get enumeration failed.

Is this a problem with the usb stack?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

elinaiman
Contributor I

I got the program and connected a usb barcode reader to it. The program recognized the barcode reader but did not display any data that it received when I scanned a barcode. Nevertheless, what we have here is the program being a host and the barcode reader being the device.

What I am interested in is having the K64F be the host. I connected a barcode reader to the K64F and a standard usb keyboard. I used SDK examples such as "frdmk64f_host_hid_generic_bm" and "frdmk64f_host_hid_mouse_keyboard_bm". In all the cases I get enumeration failed.

Am I doing something wrong.

0 Kudos

elinaiman
Contributor I

In the file readme.fdf there is a reference to a PC program that will communicate with the target (k64f) via the generic usb example.

Where can I get this program.

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

elinaiman‌,

I don't know if that will be helpful - three-four years ago I asked for this program for a product that I had that had a bidirectional HID interface but when I got the application a) it didn't work and I was subsequently told that it only worked with Freescale (at the time) HID interfaces (which never sounded right to me) and b) I couldn't get the source code.  

I'm hoping that this isn't the same case as I would like to see the source code for a bi-directional USB HID interface rather than use CDC - although the reason for not wanting to use a CDC (ie it requires a driver in Windows 7) isn't an issue for all modern OSes.  

Good luck, please post what you get.

myke

0 Kudos

elinaiman
Contributor I

The same thing happens with "frdmk64f_host_hid_mouse_keyboard_bm"

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi elinaiman:

This HOST HID example only suppors the HID generic device that runs the device HID generic example in pairs.

Please refer to readme file for more details. This file is under the installation folder.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos